1. Create a folder, name it "author"
2. Extract the content of the zip file (author_aem561.zip) into the folder "author" created above
3. Double click the quickstart file. This will start the installation. If you cannot double click jar to start the application because of the general habit of opening jar files using winzip ( to jad class files), run jar with the following command ( add it to a new file start.bat for daily use )
java -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xmx384M -jar cq56-author-p4502.jar
4. Once installation is complete a new browser window opens. Wait for the browser window with url ( default is http://localhost:4502 ) to open automatically, it may take 5-10 minutes for the window to open even though the command prompt shows server started.
5. Check the log author\crx-quickstart\logs\error.log during the startup time to see if all services are starting up properly
6. If you prematurely open a browser window and enter login url (http://localhost:4502 ) you may see the following error in log
An error occurred at line: 6 in the generated java file
Only a type can be imported. com.day.cq.wcm.api.WCMMode resolves to a package
An error occurred at line: 30 in the jsp file: /libs/sling/servlet/errorhandler/default.jsp
WCMMode cannot be resolved
7. Once the system is up and running, browser window with url http://localhost:4502 opens automatically login with u/p: admin/admin
6. Optionally check if the bundles are initialized properly http://localhost:4502/lc/system/console/bundles